Mark your calendars for the 2016 Charlotte Pride Parade: Aug. 21, 2016
Photo Credit: Brandon Schauf
Parade applications are now open!
Applications for 2016 parade entries are now open. Deadline for application is Aug. 1, 2016.
Click here to submit your application (opens in new window)
More 2016 parade details will be announced soon! In the meantime, take a look below at what our 2015 event had to offer!
Mandatory Parade Entry Meeting
All participants and entries in the Charlotte Pride Parade must send at least one representative to the Parade Entry/Participant Meeting. Parade rules and regulations, city ordinances and other requirements will be discussed. Meeting date and time to be announced soon.
Learn more: Participating in the Charlotte Pride Parade
A parade entry can be an individual or group who participates in the Bank of America Charlotte Pride Parade. Entries can be groups of individuals with their own theme, set, cast, sound and scenario. Art meets social commentary in the back of a truck, on motorcycles or marching along Tryon Street. Whatever your entry may be, it should openly display something: showing yourself off, displaying your ideals, recognizing your friends or making a statement against discrimination and bigotry — all done with a sense of artistic flair in full public view.
Examples and Ideas for Charlotte Pride Parade Entries:
- Parade Entries can be individuals or groups of individuals;
- Parade Entries can be motorcycles, cars, trucks, flat bed trucks, decorated in a festive manner that represents your group, business, or makes a social statement;
- Parade Entries can be marching bands, street performers, dance groups, or a festive theme;
- Parade Entries can be artistic and showcase the ideas of your group;
- Parade Entries can be colorful, entertaining, and display community achievement and pride;
- Parade Entries can represent Charlotte, the Carolinas, sports, tourism, health, prosperity, entertainment and/or the arts;
- Parade Entries can promote worthy causes in a creative, crowd-pleasing way;
- Parade Entries can represent the wide cultural diversity of the region.
Float Building Handbook:
Click here to download this handy float-building handbook from VictoryCorps.com (PDF).
Other Resources and Float Materials
How to Build a Float Resources
Last updated: June 18, 2016