Peace, Love, Joy & Pride: Thank You & Happy Holidays
Charlotte Pride extends a very special thank you for your support this year. Because of you, Charlotte Pride has continued to experience phenomenal growth. In 2013, we were able to host Charlotte’s first Pride parade in nearly 20 years and this year grew it and the festival to almost unimaginable successes — attracting more than 100,000 visitors and making this one of the largest LGBTQ Pride events in the Southeast.
This work helps empower our local LGBTQ community, but we can’t do it without your continued support.
In this season of thanks and giving, your tax-deductible gift — made easily, quickly and securely through charlottepride.org/donate/ — will ensure we can continue to inspire Pride in our local community in 2015 and beyond.
Your continued support can help us build on these successes:
- An expanded festival zone with over 100 vendors — from small businesses and community non-profits to large national companies — participating in the event;
- Our ability to attract award-winning, mainstream artists — like LeAnn Rimes and Sevyn Streeter — eager to show their support for the LGBTQ community right here in our own hometown;
- A second year of growth for the parade, including more than 100 marching contingents made up of community groups, businesses, straight ally groups, faith institutions and more;
- New partnerships with local agencies like the Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority, making the case that LGBTQ travel and events can have a positive impact for our entire city and region;
- Increased attention to LGBTQ art, culture and history, with partnerships with groups like the Queer Arts Consortium, the Arts & Science Council, artist Edwin Gill and the Levine Museum of the New South.
And you can help us grow toward greater goals and future projects, like:
- Charlotte Pride’s very first educational conference hosted right here in the Queen City, partnering with InterPride in April 2015 to host LGBTQ Pride organizers from 12 states across the Southeast;
- Continued and growing support for community non-profits through new collaborative projects and programs;
- Expansion in Charlotte Pride’s continued commitment to showcasing the full diversity of Charlotte’s LGBTQ community through new and exciting partnerships at the festival and parade.
We thank you again for your support this year and we wish you the merriest of holiday seasons. We can’t wait to see what great works we can accomplish together in the new year!