Charlotte Pride invites you to enjoy an evening of community talent during a showcase, featuring a wide variety of LGBTQ community art and talent! Bands, singer-songwriters, drag queens, performance or spoken art, and more!
Our talent showcase doubles as open auditions for our new, second stage at the Charlotte Pride Festival and Parade, Aug. 18-19, in Uptown Charlotte. If you’ve ever wanted the chance to shine in the limelight at the Charlotte Pride Festival, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE!
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC: Invite your friends and come come enjoy a drink while you support your fellow artists and community members! Come sit in on up-and-coming talent and offer your applause to your favorite act — and, maybe, even convince the judges to offer them a spot on stage!
REGISTER TO PERFORM:
If you want to participate in the talent showcase and audition process, please click here to fill out this form:
AUDITION RULES AND REGULATIONS
– To guarantee your audition time, please register by Monday, July 16. If you do not register by that time, you are welcome to register on site IF there are available audition slots left. Audition slots are not guaranteed and are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
– Auditions lots are three minutes.
– Auditions are open to the public and will be performed in front of a live audience.
– All talent and skills welcome, including singers, drag performers, jugglers, burlesque, comedians, poets and spoken word, dancers and more!
– No DJs please.
– No full bands, please. If you are in a band, please bring your lead or key singer(s) and acoustic instruments (or those requiring no set-up) only (i.e., guitar, single drum, etc.). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific questions regarding bands.
– Auditioners must be present at 7 p.m. on July 18 and arrive ready to perform when your name is called. If you are not present when your name is called, you may forfeit your audition slot.
– No access to dressing rooms will be provided.
– Charlotte Pride will provide microphones and sound system; if your performance requires music, please check it in with the organizer when arriving. CDs with single track necessary for your performance is preferred.