Charlotte Pride LGBTQ Institute
LGBTQ Inclusion Trainings, Workshops, and Multi-Day Institutes for your organization or business
Charlotte Pride offers a wide variety of trainings, presentations, webinars, and workshops tailor-made for your community organization, business, or ERG. Our board, staff, and volunteers collectively harness decades of experience working directly with LGBTQ communities and with a broad range of intersectional issues.
What is the Charlotte Pride LGBTQ Institute?
The Charlotte Pride LGBTQ Institute is a collection of LGBTQ training sessions available for your team. Available in short form (such as lunch and learn one-hour sessions) and long form (half-day, one-day, or multi-day training workshops), these sessions are fully customizable to answer the unique needs of your team.
Available Institute Options
Why book a training with the Charlotte Pride LGBTQ Institute?
To be an effective ally to any community, doing the work of learning more and dismantling unconscious bias is so important. As such, Charlotte Pride’s board, staff, and volunteers collectively harness decades of experience working directly with LGBTQ communities and with a broad range of intersectional issues to bring to you the Charlotte Pride LGBTQ Institute.
What else can the Charlotte Pride LGBTQ Institute do?
In addition to hosting individual workshops or seminars with your team, our team can provide a review of your LGBTQ-related training documents, workshops, or existing resources. Along with suggested changes and updates to training documents, we can assist to ensure your own onboarding, human relations, and other documents are as inclusive, intentional, and up-to-date as possible.
Available Trainings & Workshops
Charlotte Pride offers the following ready-made workshops and presentations which can be customized to fit your needs:
- Charlotte LGBTQ & Pride History — An overview of Charlotte’s LGBTQ community history, including the history of Pride Movements here and elsewhere.
- LGBTQ 101 — An introduction to the LGBTQ community, terminology, and basic issues any ally, business, or organization wishing to become more affirming should know.
- LGBTQ 201 — A deep dive into advanced topics, themes, and experiences in the LGBTQ community, a perfect workshop for those wishing to extend their practical knowledge of LGBTQ issues.
- Trans 101 — An introductory overview of the transgender and gender non-conforming community.
- Pronouns 101 — An introductory overview of pronoun usage and their importance for creating safe and affirming spaces for transgender and gender non-conforming people.
- Creating LGBTQ-Affirming Workplaces — Including components of several other workshops listed above, this training offers practical tips and resources for ensuring your workplace is an affirming, welcoming, and safe space for your LGBTQ employees or colleagues.
- Creating LGBTQ-Affirming Churches — Including components of several other workshops listed above, this training is perfect for churches that have already begun their journey toward LGBTQ affirmation. This training offers practical tips and resources for ensuring your members and congregants continue on their journey toward offering affirming, welcoming, and safe spaces for the LGBTQ people in your church family.
- And more!
Costs & Fees
Our trainings, workshops, and resource reviews are services offered to the broader community. Service-related fees help support the year-round work of Charlotte Pride. We have solutions and opportunities for budgets of nearly every size. Reach out to us for more information.
Please contact us for more information and to inquire about hosting a training or presentation at your organization or business:
Programs & Development Director