Volunteer as a Latinx or Trans Pride team leader!
We are currently looking for community members and community leaders who are interested in serving in leadership roles for our Charlotte Latinx Pride and Charlotte Trans Pride teams. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE…
2020 FESTIVAL AND PARADE VOLUNTEER SIGN-UPS COMING SOON
Charlotte Pride Festival & Parade: August 17-18, 2019
CLICK HERE NOW to download the 2019 Charlotte Pride Volunteer Waiver.
All volunteers will be required to sign this before their shift. All volunteers under 18 must bring a signed copy of this waiver to the check-in tent with parent or guardian signature or must bring a parent or guardian to help check them in.
Information & Instructions for Volunteers
Hello to our 2019 Charlotte Pride Volunteers!
First, we want to thank you for signing up to volunteer for 2019 Pride festival and parade! We are less than two weeks from what will be an amazing two days. We couldn’t make this happen without your help, but before you get on the ground there are a couple of tips we want to share to help you make the most out of your Pride experience.
- Check In: All volunteers will check-in at the Volunteer Tent which is at intersection of Tyron St and 3rd Street inside of the festival. If you’ve been to the festival before, this is near the Food Court.
- Parking & Transportation: We encourage folks to park off site, and take the light-rail in. You can read a little more about parking and transportation on this page of our website.
- Attire: Please wear comfortable clothing. We encourage shorts, sneakers, and things you don’t mind getting a little warm and sweaty in. It’s hot in August, but we’ll be giving you a fresh Volunteer shirt to change into when you arrive!
- Hydration: We definitely encourage you to bring a refillable water bottle. There’s water available for our volunteers throughout, but it’s a good idea to have an extra bottle on hand. Please hydrate before you get to the festival too!
- Sunscreen: Please wear sunscreen! We don’t want anyone getting a Pride sunburn.
- Ask Questions: If you have questions ahead of time or during the event, please ask our Volunteer Team or anyone in Staff shirts. We’re there to help ensure everything goes smoothly!
- Volunteer Waiver: Please CLICK HERE for our volunteer waiver. All volunteers will be required to sign this before their shift.
- Volunteers Under 18: All volunteers under 18 must bring a signed copy of this waiver to the check-in tent with parent or guardian signature or must bring a parent or guardian to help check them in.
Thank you again for signing up to volunteer. We’ll be sending more individualized sign-up messages next week as we get closer to the event. See you next week!
Douglas & Justin Volunteer Team Co-Coordinators
ABOUT CHARLOTTE PRIDE
Charlotte Pride is the leader in LGBTQ visibility in Charlotte and the Carolinas. We present and collaborate on programs, projects, and activities, including the annual Charlotte Pride Festival and Parade, Charlotte Trans Pride, Charlotte Latin Pride, and Reel Out Charlotte, among others. Since its founding in 2000, Charlotte Pride has expanded its year-round programming and partnerships to better connect community members with its mission, vision, and values. Our year-round programs, projects and activities help us fulfill our mission to enrich, empower, strengthen and make visible the unique lives and experiences of LGBTQ people in Charlotte and the Carolinas. Click here to learn more about our programs.