2018 Bank of America Charlotte Pride Parade
Photo Credit: Jennifer Hogan (HoganImaging.com)
The sixth annual Bank of America Charlotte Pride Parade will be held on Sunday, Aug. 19 on N. Tryon Street in Uptown Charlotte during the two-day Charlotte Pride Festival, Saturday, Aug. 18 and Sunday, Aug. 19.
Sunday, Aug. 19, 2018, 1-3 p.m.
N. Tryon St., Uptown Charlotte
The Bank of America Charlotte Pride Parade will kick off at 1 p.m. from 9th and N. Tryon Sts. Thousands of marchers will continue down Uptown’s main street to Trade St., where marching contingents and floats will be welcomed into Independence Square at Trade & Tryon Sts. by our panel of parade emcees and judges. Parade line-up and staging areas are from 9th to 11th Sts.
Emcee and Judges Stand
The Bank of America Charlotte Pride Parade Emcee and Judges Stand will be located at Independence Square at Trade & Tryon Sts.
Charlotte Pride is proud to be one of the only Uptown festivals to consistently provide accessible opportunities for our entire community over several years.
Charlotte Pride strives to provide an accessible experience for all our attendees and participants. Accessible restrooms, VIP Lounge and stage viewing area will be provided. Sign language interpreters will be available for stage entertainment and at the parade judges/emcee stand.
Parade Emcees & Judges
Parade Grand Marshals
TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
Parade applications have now closed.
Parade FAQs & Resources
2017 Parade Photos
Learn more: Participating in The Parade
A parade entry can be an individual or group who participates in the Bank of America Charlotte Pride Parade. Entries can be groups of individuals with their own theme, set, cast, sound and scenario. Art meets social commentary in the back of a truck, on motorcycles or marching along Tryon Street. Whatever your entry may be, it should openly display something: showing yourself off, displaying your ideals, recognizing your friends or making a statement against discrimination and bigotry — all done with a sense of artistic flair in full public view.
Examples and Ideas for Charlotte Pride Parade Entries:
- Parade Entries can be individuals or groups of individuals;
- Parade Entries can be motorcycles, cars, trucks, flat bed trucks, decorated in a festive manner that represents your group, business, or makes a social statement;
- Parade Entries can be marching bands, street performers, dance groups, or a festive theme;
- Parade Entries can be artistic and showcase the ideas of your group;
- Parade Entries can be colorful, entertaining, and display community achievement and pride;
- Parade Entries can represent Charlotte, the Carolinas, sports, tourism, health, prosperity, entertainment and/or the arts;
- Parade Entries can promote worthy causes in a creative, crowd-pleasing way;
- Parade Entries can represent the wide cultural diversity of the region.
Float Building Handbook:
Click here to download this handy float-building handbook from VictoryCorps.com (PDF).
Other Resources and Float Materials
How to Build a Float Resources