2018 Bank of America Charlotte Pride Parade
Photo Credit: Jennifer Hogan (HoganImaging.com)
The sixth annual Bank of America Charlotte Pride Parade will be held on Sunday, Aug. 19 on N. Tryon Street in Uptown Charlotte during the two-day Charlotte Pride Festival, Saturday, Aug. 18 and Sunday, Aug. 19.
Applications for the 2018 Bank of America Charlotte Pride Parade are now open. Application deadline is July 1, 2018. We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible. For the past several years, we have hit maximum capacity prior to the deadline. Applications submitted after we reach capacity will be wait-listed.
For 2018, we have combined our parade and vendor applications into a single form.
NOTE: This year’s combined parade and vendor application requires that you complete both the parade and vendor portions at the same time if you’d like to participate in the festival and/or parade. You do not have to participate in both events. You should be prepared to complete the application process in one sitting. Parade entry fees and vendor fees are not due at the time of submission; you will be invoiced once your application is approved. If you need more information about the events prior to beginning an application, please see frequently asked questions and other resources below.
Parade FAQs & Resources
2017 Parade Photos
Learn more: Participating in The Parade
A parade entry can be an individual or group who participates in the Bank of America Charlotte Pride Parade. Entries can be groups of individuals with their own theme, set, cast, sound and scenario. Art meets social commentary in the back of a truck, on motorcycles or marching along Tryon Street. Whatever your entry may be, it should openly display something: showing yourself off, displaying your ideals, recognizing your friends or making a statement against discrimination and bigotry — all done with a sense of artistic flair in full public view.
Examples and Ideas for Charlotte Pride Parade Entries:
- Parade Entries can be individuals or groups of individuals;
- Parade Entries can be motorcycles, cars, trucks, flat bed trucks, decorated in a festive manner that represents your group, business, or makes a social statement;
- Parade Entries can be marching bands, street performers, dance groups, or a festive theme;
- Parade Entries can be artistic and showcase the ideas of your group;
- Parade Entries can be colorful, entertaining, and display community achievement and pride;
- Parade Entries can represent Charlotte, the Carolinas, sports, tourism, health, prosperity, entertainment and/or the arts;
- Parade Entries can promote worthy causes in a creative, crowd-pleasing way;
- Parade Entries can represent the wide cultural diversity of the region.
Float Building Handbook:
Click here to download this handy float-building handbook from VictoryCorps.com (PDF).
Other Resources and Float Materials
How to Build a Float Resources