Nov. 29, 2018: Applications for team coordinator positions have closed.
Applications for team coordinator positions have now closed. Still interested in being involved as a member of our various teams? Click here to fill out an interest form and someone from our staff or teams will be in touch with you!
Charlotte Pride is the leader in LGBTQ visibility in Charlotte and the Carolinas. We present and collaborate on programs, projects, and activities, including the annual Charlotte Pride Festival and Parade, Charlotte Trans Pride, Charlotte Latin Pride, and Reel Out Charlotte, among others. Click here to learn more about our programs.
We are now accepting applications for open positions on the Charlotte Pride Festival & Parade Planning Committee. Below, you will find those positions, descriptions, expectations and other information listed.
The Festival & Parade Planning Committee is composed of our team coordinators who oversee vital areas of the Charlotte Pride Festival & Parade. The Charlotte Pride Board of Directors President and Vice President act as co-directors of the committee. The committee holds a monthly Team Huddle when all team coordinators meet to discuss the planning and execution of events and activities for the festival and parade.
• Read the general expectations and requirements for volunteer team leaders
• Peruse the listing of open team coordinator positions
• Use the “Show More” and “Show Less” buttons to help you navigate the listings
• Click on the “Apply Now” button to apply for the position
10/11 — Applications open
10/28 — Applications close
10/31 — Applicants notified and all interviews scheduled
11/12 — Final applicant notifications
11/26 (tentative) — First organization-wide Team Huddle
Our new team coordinator structure, as well as this application process, is designed to assist Charlotte Pride in bringing new voices, talents and skills into the organization and the important work we do for our community. Our volunteers are among the best hard-working and committed volunteers in the world! Before any community member takes on a leadership role, we want you to be aware of the work and time you’ll be expected to volunteer with the organization. The descriptions of our team coordinator roles and this application and interview process will help you make the best decision on where your time and talent can best be used. Have questions? Feel free to email Jerry Yelton and email@example.com or Matt Comer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All who are interested are encouraged to apply! Our volunteer teams are comprised of people from a variety of backgrounds, talents, and skillsets. We encourage those who are beginning their work as community volunteers to apply. Volunteer opportunities exist for a variety of experience levels. We encourage applications from a diversity of community members, particularly encouraging people of color and trans and gender-diverse people.
• Sign and return volunteer commitment form and code of conduct/ethics acknowledgement form, as well as any other on-boarding documents and forms
• Regularly communicate with staff, board members, and other team members and volunteers through Charlotte Pride-provided email addresses
• Attend at least 8 of the 10 planned Team Huddles held monthly January-October
• Complete monthly report form to update organization on progress and provide record-keeping of activities for future planning and organizational development; team reports are due one week prior to each monthly Team Huddle
• Attend or volunteer at 5 Charlotte Pride events throughout the year not including the festival and parade; applicable events include Charlotte Pride-hosted activities (e.g., Latin Pride, Trans Pride, Reel Out Charlotte, Bear-B-Que), Charlotte Pride community outreach events/nights (e.g., Salisbury Pride, Reel Out Nights at the Movies, other promotional evenings/flyering activities for upcoming major events or programs), or community events with which Charlotte Pride is partnering or supporting (e.g., Charlotte Black Gay Pride, Transgender Day of Remembrance, Transgender Day of Visibility, etc.)
• Be present at Charlotte Pride Festival & Parade from Friday through Sunday to complete individual duties or act as an accessory to teams with additional work